All summer long, there has been a word that has kind of been my own personal theme- grateful. I can't say that I think like this year round, but for the last three months, I have woken up each morning with the word "grateful" on my mind. It's been my summer of gratefulness, and for that, I am grateful!
In all seriousness, the Lord has allowed me time for quiet reflection this summer. And since my summer is coming to an end and school starts back next week, I just knew I had to write about it because I don't want to forget my quiet times of gratefulness. When I go back to school, it is easy for me to get caught up in the complain/stress mode. It's really hard being a working mom. It's just plain hard being a mom. So before all the voices that need me start screaming for my attention, I thought I'd share some of the things I've been grateful for this summer.
1. Soft sheets. I get to actually stay in the bed long enough to think about the way my sheets feel during the summer!
2. Sleeping in. I HATE early mornings, so it was nice to have some time to just rest.
3. Reading books- I love to read so it was nice to take in a few recreational reading books this summer.
4. No schedule.
5. No karate for 6 weeks- this was a mixed blessing because it came about due to a broken toe, but it was nice to have even more freedom in our schedule for that short time.
6. Kids that aren't quite old enough to be driving around leaving me behind yet! ;)
7. A relatively mild summer- not like last year with 100 days over 90 degrees.
8. Rain that woke me a few mornings.
9. House projects- that we could afford them and then do them ourselves! I'm proud of us!
10. Love- a wedding, a new beginning, and getting to watch someone's story unfold.
11. Better relationships with people we've prayed for
I could go on and on, but those were the ones on my mind today. I'm so thankful God has given me this season of gratefulness!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment