Monday, March 8, 2010

Meet Finn, My Grand-Lemon


And you thought your grandchild was cute, right? Today, I became a grandmother, to a lemon, that is. My son's class is learning about human reproduction in school, and his teacher found it fitting to make all of the kids become "parents" to a lemon. Today, my child adopted his first born lemon, and I'm not sure that our lives will ever be the same (said with tongue in cheek).

With the birth of Sabre Finn, my son is learning all about responsibility. Finn has to have constant care, just like a human infant would. Finn must eat with us, sleep with us, have a lemon lifter (baby carrier), takes naps, have a babysitter or guardian at all times, you get the point. For a week and half, this lemon will accompany us everywhere we go. If the teacher finds out any differently, points will be deducted! The lemons will be checked by lemon doctors (other teachers at school) for bumps, bruises, and general abuse. What an interesting project! More than that, my child is already learning that being responsible 24/7 for anything is hard work. On day one, he's already a nervous wreck about dropping his lemon, having babysitters lined up for Finn, etc. To this I say- Welcome to my world! (And that of all parents)

I hope to update at the end of the project with a final picture of Finn as well as a list of the lessons my son learned! Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment