Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A new book...

I'm only halfway through, and I usually don't post about books, but One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp is a jewel. It's one of those books that changes your perspective, which in turn allows God to change your life. Ann details her journey to living "eucharisteo" or fully in each moment of grace. I will spare you the details in hopes that you will be curious enough to get your own copy, but below are some things I noticed today that could be placed on my list of one thousand gifts...

1. dirty socks on the floor because of the feet that filled them
2. medical technology
3. the hug of a friend when I'm feeling scared
4. bright yellow blooming bush on a dreary, rainy day
5. an afternoon of no homework
6. playing games with my kids
7. getting tickled by my kids
8. easy to prepare dinner
9. my daughter's smile
10. old pictures of people dear



Read the book. It's really, really worth it. And then, let me know what's on your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment