Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soak up the sun

Today was all smiles and sunshine. We had an amazing, but hard, message at church this morning. I love the fact that we delve into the Word, what God wants us to hear, regardless of whether it is a difficult thing or not. I love leaving the confines of the building, only to continuously reflect on what I heard- you know, the kind of message you meditate on for days.
After our wonderful time of worship in church, we had a quick lunch and set out to the park. The couponing could wait- the sun was beckoning. Before long, the sunny days here will turn into 90 degree days, so a nice breezy, 70 degree day HAD to be enjoyed by all, even the dog! We sat on rocks warmed by the sun, only to dip our winter white feet into the cool waterfall at the park. The water hasn't been warmed by the sun yet, but it was fin to be childlike and take our shoes off and plunge our feet it! The kids ran around with the dog. It was peace, and fun, and joy, all at once.
Today I am enjoying living. As I sat in a doctor's office the other day, I was burdened by the fact that so many days are lived for the next or lived in the past, but many are not lived fully- for the now. I want to be fully present in the now, fists open to the control of tomorrow and the regrets of yesterday. I am glad God is teaching my to fully live.
A few more items on the list from my previous post about One Thousand Gifts...

11 time with family
12. passing by my favorite bakery and remembering all the times I have spent there with my Mom and with friends.
13. chocolate pie
14. God's word being living and active
15. Not knowing what tomorrow holds
16. learning trust
17. time to blog
18. no school tomorrow (respite!)
19. cold, wet, puppy nose on my face
20. neighborhood friends for my kids to play with
21. a few minutes to have a conversation with dear husband (rare!)
22. feeling really good today- first time in a long time!

Have you started your list? Better yet, have you read the book? You must, you must, you must!

No comments:

Post a Comment