Tomorrow, I start my seventh year of teaching. In many ways, it feels like I was just starting yesterday, but in other ways, it seems like I've been doing this for seven years! With each new school year, I feel a sense of dread (for having to get up early 5 days a week, and the inevitable tiredness that will set in), but I also feel a sense of excitement. The year has endless possibilities ahead. It's a blank slate, a fresh start. I love how God gives us so many new starts- new day each morning, new friends, new experiences, and even new school years.
I teach middle school- that lovely age that most normal people avoid, but I LOVE it. Middle school is all about newness and change. No day is ever the same with my "kids." Though I may get frustrated with a few of them from time to time, they become my family, truly my "kids" and they bless me far beyond what I could possibly bless them.
So, as I reflect on the new year, I am hopeful for what is to come and I am thankful for the calling to be a teacher. I am also glad that God has continued to be my Teacher- the best there is!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment