
In March, my husband and children convinced me that we had need of a puppy. Now, I can't say that it took too much convincing because I love animals and I'm not one of those people that are adamant about not having pets in the house. We already have a cat, but the family complains that she is my cat and not theirs and they wanted a pet to call their own. Disclaimer: Reagan is no more my cat than she is anyone's cat. She doesn't believe in being owned. She thinks she is a human and on equal footing with all of us.
So, we went to the local flea market (no pun intended) and purchased Oliver from a local and reputable breeder.
Now, if you are solely looking at his picture, your heart has probably already melted. He is, in fact, even cuter in person than he is in that picture. That was Oliver in March. He is a miniature Dachshund and he is a little bigger now, but not much.
The point of this post is to let you know that looks can be deceiving! Don't let those big brown puppy dog eyes fool you! In the time it took for me to check some e-mails, check my facebook, surf the net a little, he chewed a quarter sized hole in the baseboard of my hallway, all while I thought my kids and/or husband were watching him. When I found the dog in the hallway, tail tucked, I took him to "Daddy" who said, "Oh, so that's what that noise was." (This is part where steam was coming out of my ears).
So, instead of flogging my very kind and loving husband, I decided to write it down. After all, it is kind of funny after the fact. And, he really is the cutest dog I've ever seen. And, he'll outgrow it, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment